Testogen Case Study | Will It Help To Boost My Testosterone Levels?
Last Updated on
Let's find out whether the most popular testosterone booster in the market can raise my testosterone levels.
Its Testogen from Wolfson Berg Limited.
I have written a review of testogen a few months back.
So what is our review process?
How do we review?
It’s not always possible to test every product yourself.
We rank and review the product based on two factors.
The first-factor ingredient profile. We look for scientifically proven ingredients. We will look at the ingredients and review them for their uses and side effects. This part of the review is backed by research and case study.
The second factor is as important as the first. Here we gather the information from reviews. We analyze customer reviews and compare the supplements to list the best products.
Testogen had recently upgraded their supplement formula. They made it more potent.
I had started my workout program.
My goal is to add more muscles, improve my strength and reduce my body fat.
Ie. The transformation from fat to fit.
I am not that fatty.
Here is my body metrics tested , when I joined the gym. (March 2019)
Case study Goals:
- Testogen will help to increase my T levels,
- support my workout program.
- It will help me to lift more weights.
Let's find out what happens in 3 months. Subscribe to our newsletter to get updates.
Here are the pictures of blood results for 22nd May.
Total testosterone levels(May 22nd)
Total testosterone -1.82ng/ml (182ng/dl) - Normal levels (270ng/dl - 1080ng/dl)
Results : mine at the lower border
What's my plan on using testogen
Take four capsules 20 min before breakfast.
I got my testogen 1 month back, but will start this week.
Let's go through the ingredient profile.
and see what makes up one of the best testosterone boosters.
ZincZinc is a testosterone booster and aphrodisiac. But there are studies
Magnesium is added in the form of magnesium citrate. Its an essential mineral for testosterone production, hormone, and enzyme functioning.Supplementing with magnesium will increase free as well as total testosterone levels in both sedentary and in athletes. But it will be beneficial if you exercise. As testosterone production is higher in athletes
So if you are planning to use testogen, get an excellent workout routine and start, as it will have a synergy effect.
Similar to zinc, experts claim that the effect of magnesium will happen; if you are deficient in magnesium. But this is a valuable point.The magnesium deficiencies are the second common deficiency in developed countries
D Aspartic Acid (DAA)
D Aspartic Acid is an amino acid regulator of testosterone, luteinizing hormone and growth hormone.Supplementing with DAA cause an increase in testosterone and luteinizing hormone
Testogen has more D Aspartic Acid per serving than other products in the market.
Vitamin D is an essential fat-soluble vitamin. Your skin can produce Vitamin D from the sun and using cholesterol.But Vitamin D deficiency is the most common deficiency in developed countries. Vitamin d3
Vitamin K is an essential fat-soluble vitamin; its primary role is blood clotting and bone strength.
Vitamin D supports the absorption of calcium, vital for bone strength. Vitamin K helps to direct the calcium to your bone structure while preventing the deposition of calcium in organs and soft tissues and arteries.Vitamin K deficiency can cause Vitamin D toxicity
It's a coenzyme needed for many bodily functions. Your body can’t produce vitamin b6, so you have to get it from food or supplement sources.There is one study
Nettle Leaf ExtractNettle leaf extract is used to treat urine abnormalities and prostate related problems. Isolectins found in the nettle can reduce the affinity
This helps to keep the free testosterone levels high in the blood. Otherwise, excess testosterone will bind up with SHBG, thus reducing the level of bioavailable testosterone.
It also helps to reduce the conversion of testosterone to DHT, but DHT is more anabolic than testosterone. But cause prostate growth and male pattern hair loss.
Red Ginseng ExtractIt's a good aphrodisiac and libido booster. One study even showed its effect as a testosterone booster in infertile men. Also increased sperm motility and DHT
FenugreekFenugreek extract is best known for its effect as a libido booster and in controlling diabetes. It helps to reduce blood glucose and improve insulin sensitivity
BoronBoron is a trace mineral good for your manliness. Its shown to reduce estrogen and improve the bioavailable free testosterone levels in your blood. The increase in free testosterone levels may be due to the effect of reduced SHBG levels
Its an extract from the pepper that increases the bioavailability and improves the absorption of nutrients. Presence of Bioperine enhances and make testogen more bioavailable.
Guarantees maximum absorption and bioavailability.
it's our turn to replenish these nutrients so that our body can produce testosterone in its full potential.
Testogen have the essentials
For total testosterone production, we have Zinc, Magnesium, D Aspartic Acid, Vitamin D3, and Boron. To reduce the risk of Vitamin D toxicity we have Vitamin K. To deal with SHBG, we have Nettle leaf( which means more free testosterone). To enable max absorption, they have added Bioperine.
Testogen have the right ingredients in the right combination.
One crucial thing I like about testogen is that; they don't hide the ingredients and their composition under shady proprietary blends.
And of course, I hate proprietary blends.
You cannot get a clear view on ingredient profile or won't get an idea about the constitution of each ingredient in the supplement, which is very important via cost wise and performance vice.
A lot of the supplements (mainly pre-workout supplements) use these proprietary blends(fancy names), and most of them are not worth the claim.
Where can I buy testogen?
Testogen is available through their website. You can buy it from their website.
Case study updates
Total testosterone levels(November 5th)
Total testosterone -4.23ng/ml (423ng/dl) - Normal levels (270ng/dl - 1080ng/dl)
From May to November 232% increase in Total testosterone levels.
If you want to join with me, you can get your testosterone package from their website.
Two packages are available.
The 2+1 package is better than buying a single bottle as you will get one month supply of testogen with two bottles. This package will cost you $119.9
My suggestion is to go with the 3+2 package. In this package, you get two month supply and instant testosterone drops while you pay only for three bottles.
As a bonus, you also get a workout manual.
You five months supply of testogen by paying only for three bottles. This package will cost you $179.99.
They provide free shipping throughout the world, whether you are from the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, India, France, Germany, or New Zealand.
Last but not least.
About side effects of Testogen
Testogen contains only the ingredients that are found in foods. So it is a safe supplement.
The need for supplements arises due to nutritional deficiency. We have to fill the nutritional gap.
So for testosterone boosting stick with this natural supplement, as it is the best and safest option.
With Testogen it will take 2-3 months to get the result.
If you are ready to wait 2-3 months to get some decent result go and get the package from their website.
I will update this case study in May, June and July. I hope this will motivate you to change your diet, supplementation and exercise habits.
It doesn't matter whether your testosterone levels and low or normal. Having the right supplements along with exercise can raise your testosterone levels.
Do you want to join me with the testosterone boosting case study, please share your thoughts?
If you want to get notified of the updates of this case study and receive our newsletter, you can enter your email and subscribe to our newsletter.
- Jalali, G., Roozbeh, J., Mohammadzadeh, A., Sharifian, M., Sagheb, M., Jahromi, A., Shabani, S., Ghaffarpasand, F. and Afshariani, R. (2010). Impact of oral zinc therapy on the level of sex hormones in male patients on hemodialysis. Renal Failure, 32(4), pp.417-419.
- M, K. (2019). Effect of fatiguing bicycle exercise on thyroid hormone and testosterone levels in sedentary males supplemented with oral zinc. - PubMed - NCBI. [online] Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17984944 [Accessed 3 Apr. 2019].
- Netter A, e. (2019). Effect of zinc administration on plasma testosterone, dihydrotestosterone, and sperm count. - PubMed - NCBI. [online] Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7271365 [Accessed 3 Apr. 2019].
- Kilic M, e. (2019). The effect of exhaustion exercise on thyroid hormones and testosterone levels of elite athletes receiving oral zinc. - PubMed - NCBI. [online] Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16648789 [Accessed 3 Apr. 2019].
- Cinar, V., Polat, Y., Baltaci, A. and Mogulkoc, R. (2010). Effects of Magnesium Supplementation on Testosterone Levels of Athletes and Sedentary Subjects at Rest and after Exhaustion. Biological Trace Element Research, [online] 140(1), pp.18-23. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20352370 [Accessed 3 Apr. 2019].
- TF, B. (2019). Effect of magnesium supplementation on strength training in humans. - PubMed - NCBI. [online] Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1619184 [Accessed 3 Apr. 2019].
- Frank, K., Patel, K., Lopez, G. and Willis, B. (2019). Magnesium Research Analysis. [online] Examine.com. Available at: https://examine.com/supplements/magnesium/ [Accessed 3 Apr. 2019].
- Topo, E., Soricelli, A., D'Aniello, A., Ronsini, S. and D'Aniello, G. (2009). The role and molecular mechanism of D-aspartic acid in the release and synthesis of LH and testosterone in humans and rats. Reproductive Biology and Endocrinology, [online] 7(1), p.120. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19860889 [Accessed 3 Apr. 2019].
- D’Aniello, G., Ronsini, S., Notari, T., Grieco, N., Infante, V., D’Angel, N., Mascia, F., Fiore, M., Fisher, G. and D’Aniello, A. (2012). D-Aspartate, a Key Element for the Improvement of Sperm Quality. Advances in Sexual Medicine, [online] 02(04), pp.45-53. Available at: https://www.scirp.org/journal/PaperInformation.aspx?paperID=24016 [Accessed 3 Apr. 2019].
- Pilz, S., Frisch, S., Koertke, H., Kuhn, J., Dreier, J., Obermayer-Pietsch, B., Wehr, E. and Zittermann, A. (2010). Effect of Vitamin D Supplementation on Testosterone Levels in Men. Hormone and Metabolic Research, [online] 43(03), pp.223-225. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21154195 [Accessed 3 Apr. 2019].
- Pilz, S., Frisch, S., Koertke, H., Kuhn, J., Dreier, J., Obermayer-Pietsch, B., Wehr, E. and Zittermann, A. (2010). Effect of Vitamin D Supplementation on Testosterone Levels in Men. Hormone and Metabolic Research, [online] 43(03), pp.223-225. Available at: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Stefan_Pilz/publication/49679775_Effect_of_Vitamin_D_Supplementation_on_Testosterone_Levels_in_Men/links/0c96052f7e9b2ca8d8000000.pdf [Accessed 3 Apr. 2019].
- LIVESTRONG.COM. (2019). What Foods to Eat to Get a Big Upper Chest | Livestrong.com. [online] Available at: https://www.livestrong.com/article/547270-what-foods-to-eat-to-get-a-big-upper-chest [Accessed 3 Apr. 2019].
- Ushiroyama T, e. (2019). Effect of continuous combined therapy with vitamin K(2) and vitamin D(3) on bone mineral density and coagulofibrinolysis function in postmenopausal... - PubMed - NCBI. [online] Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11886767 [Accessed 3 Apr. 2019].
- Knapen, M., Schurgers, L. and Vermeer, C. (2007). Vitamin K2 supplementation improves hip bone geometry and bone strength indices in postmenopausal women. Osteoporosis International, [online] 18(7), pp.963-972. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17287908 [Accessed 3 Apr. 2019].
- Braam LA, e. (2019). Vitamin K1 supplementation retards bone loss in postmenopausal women between 50 and 60 years of age. - PubMed - NCBI. [online] Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14506950 [Accessed 3 Apr. 2019].
- Pyridoxine (B6) Suppresses the Rise in Prolactin and Increases the Rise in Growth Hormone Induced by Exercise. (1982). New England Journal of Medicine, [online] 307(7), pp.444-445. Available at: https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJM198208123070719 [Accessed 3 Apr. 2019]
- Schöttner M, e. (2019). Interaction of lignans with human sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG). - PubMed - NCBI. [online] Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9463941 [Accessed 3 Apr. 2019].
- Salvati G, e. (2019). Effects of Panax Ginseng C.A. Meyer saponins on male fertility. - PubMed - NCBI. [online] Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9063034 [Accessed 3 Apr. 2019].
- Jang, D., Lee, M., Shin, B., Lee, Y. and Ernst, E. (2008). Red ginseng for treating erectile dysfunction: a systematic review. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, [online] 66(4), pp.444-450. Available at: https://bpspubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/j.1365-2125.2008.03236.x [Accessed 3 Apr. 2019].
- Gupta A, e. (2019). Effect of Trigonella foenum-graecum (fenugreek) seeds on glycaemic control and insulin resistance in type 2 diabetes mellitus: a double blind place... - PubMed - NCBI. [online] Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11868855 [Accessed 3 Apr. 2019].
- Wilborn C, e. (2019). Effects of a purported aromatase and 5α-reductase inhibitor on hormone profiles in college-age men. - PubMed - NCBI. [online] Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21116018 [Accessed 3 Apr. 2019].
- Naghii, M., Mofid, M., Asgari, A., Hedayati, M. and Daneshpour, M. (2011). Comparative effects of daily and weekly boron supplementation on plasma steroid hormones and proinflammatory cytokines. Journal of Trace Elements in Medicine and Biology, [online] 25(1), pp.54-58. Available at: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0946672X10001148?via%3Dihub [Accessed 3 Apr. 2019].
- Nielsen FH, e. (2019). Effect of dietary boron on mineral, estrogen, and testosterone metabolism in postmenopausal women. - PubMed - NCBI. [online] Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3678698 [Accessed 3 Apr. 2019].